Negotiations are a critical part of our professional and personal lives. Whether you are working on a team project, pitching a new product, trying to get a raise, or even just planning a family event, you want to get to "yes" quickly, without stress or confrontation.
The HBR Guide to Negotiating gives you the skills and confidence you need to negotiate well and achieve better outcomes. Negotiation expert Jeff Weiss provides a framework, advice, and tools to help you move from confrontation and compromise to collaboration and creativity, leading to better working relationships as well as professional and personal success.
This indispensable book delivers everything you need to build your negotiating skills. You’ll learn how to:
• Take a creative, collaborative approach to negotiating
• Prepare for your conversation before you enter the room
• Keep negotiations from becoming confrontations
• Avoid being a bully—or a victim
• Disarm aggressive negotiators and hard bargainers