Our search has the following Google-type functionality:
If you use '+' at the start of a word, that word will be present in the search results.
eg. Harry +Potter
Search results will contain 'Potter'.
If you use '-' at the start of a word, that word will be absent in the search results.
eg. Harry -Potter
Search results will not contain 'Potter'.
If you use 'AND' between 2 words, then both those words will be present in the search results.
eg. Harry AND Potter
Search results will contain both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
NOTE: AND will only work with single words not phrases.
If you use 'OR' between 2 single words, then either or both of those words will be present in the search results.
eg. 'Harry OR Potter'
Search results will contain just 'Harry', or just 'Potter', or both 'Harry' and 'Potter'.
NOTE: OR will only work with single words not phrases.
If you use 'NOT' before a word, that word will be absent in the search results. (This is the same as using the minus symbol).
eg. 'Harry NOT Potter'
Search results will not contain 'Potter'.
NOTE: NOT will only work with single words not phrases.
If you use double quotation marks around words, those words will be present in that order.
eg. "Harry Potter"
Search results will contain 'Harry Potter', but not 'Potter Harry'.
NOTE: "" cannot be combined with AND, OR & NOT searches.
If you use '*' in a word, it performs a wildcard search, as it signifies any number of characters. (Searches cannot start with a wildcard).
Search results will contain words starting with 'Pot' and ending in 'er', such as 'Potter'.
* Revised and updated second edition of this best-selling guide to air force history * Comprehensive guide to tracing the... [more]
* Comprehensive introduction to researching coalminers and coalmining history * Identifies key coalmining sources for family... [more]
* Fully revised second edition of the best guide to Yorkshire's family history * Updated with a new introduction and a new... [more]
Whether you're just beginning your family tree or a longtime genealogy researcher, the Family Tree German Genealogy Guide... [more]
Guide to over 4,000 Scottish family names and their clan affiliations with pull out map of Scotland. Whether you are a Highlander... [more]
Neil Sentance revisits his native Lincolnshire riverlands and fields, farms and market towns, to explore the history of his... [more]
A comprehensive guide to dating and interpreting family photographs, the book uses as examples over 150 previously unpublished... [more]
Fully revised second edition of best-selling guide to internet family history research. Updated with a new introduction and... [more]
Examines the rise and fall of the aristocratic Lacy family in England, Ireland, Wales and Normandy. As one of the first truly... [more]
A comprehensive how-to guide on how to trace your genealogy and family history in the city and County of Limerick. [more]
Allows you to store old photographs so that they are safe. The pockets and envelopes for CDs allow you to collect documents... [more]
* Fully revised second edition of Peter Ducker's best-selling guide to military medals * Concise introduction to British... [more]
* Expert introduction to the history of the census * Shows how census records can be explored and interpreted * Covers England... [more]
A professional genealogist reveals how to get past brick walls in research and unearth hard-to-find ancestors [more]
When Nicholas Shakespeare stumbled across a box of documents belonging to his late aunt he was completely unaware of where... [more]
* Essential introduction to West Country ancestors for family historians * Covers Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and the city... [more]
Only guided journal to focus on family history/genealogy-allows both genealogists and non-genealogist to easily pass on family... [more]
Leading military historian and researcher, Jonathan Gawne explains and shares the techniques he uses to research archives,... [more]
* Second edition of Simon Fowler's best-selling guide to researching the British Army * Fully revised and updated to include... [more]
First published in 1973, this collection of notes and illustrative documents compiled by Yorkshire historian Sir Charles Travis... [more]
* A practical guide to researching Irish history using the internet * Shows how online sources can be accessed and interpreted... [more]
Whether your ancestor left hundreds of acres of land, money, or a few modest belongings, the records created when those legacies... [more]
All seven issues of Family Tree Magazine from 2014! This CD contains more than 500 pages of how-to genealogy guidance you... [more]
In the quest to uncover our family history, we turn to written records, the family album and even heirlooms. [more]
Easy Family History takes the stress out of family history research. It is a guide to the most important information sources... [more]