Discover David Allen's powerful methods for stress-free performance at work and in life - now completely updated. David Allen's Getting Things Done was hailed as 'the definitive business self-help book of the decade' (Time) when it was first published almost fifteen years ago, and ' GTD' has since become shorthand for an entire culture of personal organization that offers to change the way people work and live.
Now the veteran coach and management consultant has rewritten the book from start to finish, tweaking his classic text with new perspectives on today's workplace and incorporating new data that validates his timeless admonition that 'your hear is for having ideas - not for holding them!' Allen's premise is simple: our productivity is directly proportional to our ability to relax. Only when our minds are clear and our thoughts are organized can we achieve effective results and unleash our creative potential.
From core principles to proven tricks, Getting Things Done will teach you to:
* Apply the 'do it, delegate it, defer it, drop it' rule to get your in-box empty
* Reassess goals and stay focused in changing situations
* Plan and unstick projects
* Overcome feelings of confusion, anxiety, and being overwhelmed
* Feel fine about what you're not doing