Painting is one of the most rewarding ways of expressing yourself. It sparks creativity, engages the imagination and relaxes you, reducing stress levels and leaving you feeling mentally clear and calm. Most people assume that the ability to paint is a skill you either have or you don't, so although they would like to paint they lack the confidence to do so. But painting can be readily learned with the right teacher to guide you, and a clear approach and encouraging voice are often all that's needed to get you on the right track.
That's where this book, Acrylics, comes in. Adrian Burrows is an enthusiastic and accomplished artist and teacher who explains the fundamentals of painting with acrylics in a helpful and accessible manner. Adrian shows you what you need in terms of tools and materials, and explains and illustrates all the basic techniques. Ten step-by-step tutorials, covering a variety of subjects, then put these techniques into action. Each tutorial is broken down into stages, with clear instructions and photographs for readers to follow, plus plenty of helpful tips and troubleshooting advice. There are also special features on painting trees, skies and figures.
* Shows you the tools and materials you really need.
* All the basic techniques, including scumbling, dry brush and impasto.
* Special features on painting trees, skies and figures.
* Ten inspiring step-by-step projects: still life, flowers, portrait, seascape, street scene, indoor scene, summer landscape, winter landscape, Spanish scene, travel poster.
* The perfect resource for budding artists.
* 200 photographs and 10 illustrations