Abbey's Bookshop Logo
Go to my checkout basket
Login to Abbey's Bookshop
Register with Abbey's Bookshop
Gift Vouchers
Browse by Category

facebook
Google Book Preview
Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones
— —
James Clear
Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones by James Clear at Abbey's Bookshop,

Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones

James Clear


9781847941831

Random House


Psychology;
Self-help & personal development;
Popular psychology


Paperback

320 pages

$35.00
In stock
Ready to ship
order qty:  
Add this item to my basket

________________________________ This year create habits that actually stick. Read Atomic Habits now. ________________________________ *The instant New York Times bestseller* *Financial Times Book of the Month* ________________________________ A revolutionary system to get 1 per cent better every day People think when you want to change your life, you need to think big. But world-renowned habits expert James Clear has discovered another way. He knows that real change comes from the compound effect of hundreds of small decisions - doing two push-ups a day, waking up five minutes early, or holding a single short phone call.

He calls them atomic habits.

In this ground-breaking book, Clears reveals exactly how these minuscule changes can grow into such life-altering outcomes. He uncovers a handful of simple life hacks (the forgotten art of Habit Stacking, the unexpected power of the Two Minute Rule, or the trick to entering the Goldilocks Zone), and delves into cutting-edge psychology and neuroscience to explain why they matter. Along the way, he tells inspiring stories of Olympic gold medalists, leading CEOs, and distinguished scientists who have used the science of tiny habits to stay productive, motivated, and happy.

These small changes will have a revolutionary effect on your career, your relationships, and your life. ________________________________ 'A supremely practical and useful book.' Mark Manson, author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck 'James Clear has spent years honing the art and studying the science of habits. This engaging, hands-on book is the guide you need to break bad routines and make good ones.' Adam Grant, author of Originals 'Atomic Habits is a step-by-step manual for changing routines.' Books of the Month, Financial Times 'A special book that will change how you approach your day and live your life.' Ryan Holiday, author of The Obstacle is the Way

By:   James Clear
Imprint:   Random House
Country of Publication:   United Kingdom
Dimensions:   Height: 234mm,  Width: 153mm,  Spine: 23mm
Weight:   390g
ISBN:   9781847941831
ISBN 10:   1847941834
Pages:   320
Publication Date:   October 2018
Audience:   General/trade ,  ELT Advanced
Format:   Paperback
Publisher's Status:   Active

James Clear is an expert on habits and decision making. He made his name as the author of one of the fastest-growing email newsletters in history, which grew from zero to 100,000 subscribers in under two years. Today, his newsletter has over 400,000 subscribers, and his articles at jamesclear.com receive 10 million hits each year. His work frequently appears in publications including the New York Times, Forbes and Business Insider.


A supremely practical and useful book. James Clear distils the most fundamental information about habit formation, so you can accomplish more by focusing on less. -- Mark Manson, author of The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck James Clear has spent years honing the art and studying the science of habits. This engaging, hands-on book is the guide you need to break bad routines and make good ones. -- Adam Grant, author of Originals A special book that will change how you approach your day and live your life. -- Ryan Holiday, author of The Obstacle is the Way Excellent . . . I'm almost done with my PhD in organisational psychology and James did a brilliant job describing much of the science in psychology and neuroscience. * Inc. * I'd attribute about 60% of my good habits to [James Clear's] blog and this book is rapidly filling in the other 40%. -- Tim Urban, creator of Wait But Why Atomic Habits is a step-by-step manual for changing routines . . . Inspiring real-life stories. -- Books of the Month * Financial Times * Zeroes in on the science behind building good habits and breaking bad ones . . . enlightening. * Business Insider *

My Shopping Basket
Your cart does not contain any items.